Transit agencies across Los Angeles are offering free fares on Sunday, February 4th in honour of Transit Equity Day! This initiative pays homage to Rosa Parks’ significant role in desegregating public transit and underscores the right of all people to affordable public transportation. The following transit systems will offer free rides all day:
- Beeline- hope on, no fares required, plan your trip here.
- LA Metro- Turnstiles will be unlocked and tap fare will not be required!
- Metro Micro: book the ride and use code EQ2023.
- Metrolink & Arrow- Take any seat and ride Metrolink, and Arrow, for free.
- Metro Bike Share- select ‘1-Ride’ at any Metro Bike Share kiosk, online or in the Metro Bikeshare app, and use code 020423 (can be used any number of times throughout the day)
For riders looking to make further connections, Pasadena Transit, OCTA, Riverside and San Bernardino County transit systems will also be providing free rides. Please note that transit systems in other counties may require a fare, as will Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner.
Discover the diverse destinations and events connected via Metrolink here.
Learn more about the story behind Transit Equity Day and the many equitable transit initiatives led by LA Metro, here.